It is a new treatment, which combines micro needling therapy with the contemporary Mesotherapy practice. Since the 1990’s, micro needle therapy has long been used by practitioners in the form of Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), to fade scars and generally as an anti-ageing treatment. Recently, smaller-sized micro needles have been recognised for their capacity to dramatically increase the bioavailability of topical treatments and further enhance their transcutaneous absorption.
Skin needling is a process carried out with a Micro-Needling Therapy system device -- Meso Pen Platinum. This device has 9 needles with an adaptable needle length from 0.1 up to 2mm. The length is adapted to the treatment area and indication. When using the Meso Pen for 1 minute – there are over 75,000 needle entries, and over 500,000 for a full facial treatment.
These entries help the absorption of sterilised formulations containing peptides, growth factors, hyaluronic acid, organic silicon, natural extracts, vitamins and amino acids.
These growth factors then activate multipotent stem cells already in the skin (tricking them into “thinking” there’s been an injury and new younger tissue should generated).
This process has two major benefits: It effectively stimulates collagen formation at the same time as allowing product absorption more effectively through the top layer (epidermis) of skin.
The microscopic punctures (which are often just the opening of the pores of your skin) stimulate collagen production in the dermis layer as it breaks some of the blood vessels directly below the surface of the skin. As the blood clots, it creates the right environment for collagen and elastin formation. It is these key ingredients which help the skin to appear rejuvenated.
Who Should Have Fusion Meso Therapy?
This treatment is ideal for people with:
- Dull skin colour (due to less blood flow)
- Drooping facial shape (due to a decrease in collagen)
- Skin feels dehydrated, and slightly rough
- Wrinkles and folds and fine lines
- Scars, post surgery scars, acne scars
- Stretch marks (pregnancy or weight gain)
- Eye bags, wrinkles and dark circles
What are the Areas that can be Treated?
The most common areas treated are the face, décollete, thighs, buttocks, abdomen and waistline. The upper arms, under the chin and lower cheeks can also be treated.
Is it Painful?
A special numbing cream prior to treatment is applied to block any sensation. Although, skin-needling creates a very minor (almost microscopic) trauma which lasts for a short period of time, some patients experience a light tingling sensation which passes quickly
How Long Does a Treatment Take?
The whole session takes 1.5 hour, although this can extend to 2 hours depending on the treatment required. We would need to wait 30-45 minutes for the numbing cream to take effect.
How Many Session are Necessary?
There will be a noticeable difference even after only one session but to take full advantage of the Fusion Meso Therapy outcomes we highly recommend atleast 4-8 treatments depending upon the skin’s condition. It is also advised to allow your skin to rejuvenate for at least 10-15 days in between treatments.
Does Meso Therapy have Any Risk?
This is a topical non-invasive and all natural procedure which simply encourages the natural healing components of the skin to begin.
There are no more risks associated with this treatment than there is with any other anti-ageing procedure.
Approximately 3% of clients can get mild redness, swelling, sensitivity to touch, and itchiness which will last for a few hours. 1% of patients can get bruising lasting up to three days – depending on higher grade needle depth treatments.
Will I See the Results Immediately?
You will see an improvement in your skin after the first week or so. However, the new collagen is formed over 90 days and the results will continue to improve over the next 6-12 months.
- Unless otherwise directed by your practitioner, the use of cleansers or topical products must be avoided for at least 24 hours post treatment except Smart Mix.
- Smart Mix must be applied every 3 hours for the first 24 hours.
- Make-up should not be worn for 24-48 hours post skin needling. Using make-up on broken skin poses a certain risk of hyperpigmentation as a result of make-up infiltration into the open tissue, as well as the risk of potential bacterial infecion and inflammation in the treatment area.
- Do not use products containing AHA’s, BHA’s, Vitamin A (Retinol), astringents or exfoliating granules.
- A normal skin care regimen can be resumed once the skin has completely healed. Apply moisturizers as required.
- Do NOT exfoliate or pick at peeling skin.
- Avoid vigorous exercise, saunas, chlorinated and salt water pools, steam baths and hot showers for 48 hours following your treatment
- Avoid waxing, IPL, Laser or depilatory creams for 2 weeks following your treatment.
- After the procedure, avoid extreme exposure to the sun for at least one week. This includes tanning salons.
- MUST apply a sunscreen daily SPF15-30 frequently especially when staying outdoors for a long period of time.